STAIN-PROOF™ APPLICATION Basic application guidelines
1. ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24 hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
2. Ensure surfaces to be treated are dry, clean and free of residues.
3. Product must be applied without thinning.
4. Generously saturate the surface with STAIN-PROOF™, using a lamb’s wool applicator, low-pressure hand spray, clean paint brush, or similar. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
5. When the surface becomes touch dry, or after a minimum of 10 minutes, repeat Step 4.
6. When the surface becomes touch dry again, or after a minimum of 10 minutes, thoroughly polish off ALL excess product with a clean white dry cloth/s. If you have waited too long and the product has become more difficult to remove, lightly moisten the cloth with STAIN-PROOF™ to ease polishing.
7. Total application rate: Approximately 2 to 25 sq. metres per litre / 20 to 250 sq. feet per quart, depending on the porosity of the surface.
8. Use an organic solvent, e.g. methylated spirits, to clean equipment.
9. Avoid moisture contact with the surface for a minimum of 12 hours after application.
Advanced application guidelines
1. TESTING STAIN-PROOF™. STAIN-PROOF™ must be allowed to cure for at least 3 weeks before undertaking testing.
a) Achieving optimum stain repellence. STAIN-PROOF’s specially designed sealing molecules migrate through the pores and find sites to bond by a process of chemical reaction, over 3 to 4 weeks! As more STAIN-PROOF™ molecules bond inside the pores, the material becomes more oil and water-repellent. After 24 hours of cure time, the product will show only adequate stain repellency and zero penetration, but after 3 weeks cure time the results will be significantly better.
b) Achieving maximum depth of penetration. The modified silane molecules in STAIN-PROOF™ are hundreds of times smaller than the best modern competitor (fluorocarbon /siloxane) sealers, which cannot penetrate into the pores of dense materials, such as polished granites. After 3 weeks of cure time, typical penetration of STAIN-PROOF™ into Kashmir white granite is 8 to 13 millimetres.
2. APPLYING STAIN-PROOF™ ON DENSE / POLISHED SURFACES. STAIN-PROOF should be applied to smooth surfaces with a lamb’s wool applicator or cloth, so the sealer is wiped over the surface. Spraying is not recommended for polished surfaces. Drying time between coats should be maximized – approximately 15 minutes.
3. APPLYING STAIN-PROOF™ ON HIGHLY POROUS SURFACES. Highly porous surfaces, such as sandstone and soft varieties of limestone should ideally be pre-sealed with a light spray of STAIN-PROOF™, at least 8 hours before applying the 2 main coats. Apply sufficient product so the surface looks shiny / mirror wet for at least 3-5 seconds after each coat.
Copyright 2013. infogroup, inc.. All Rights Reserved.